In this course, you will learn how to:
- Recognize terminology and concepts as they relate to the AWS platform and navigate the AWS Management Console.
- Understand the foundational services, including Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3), and Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS).
- Understand the security measures AWS provides and key concepts of AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Understand AWS database services, including Amazon DynamoDB and Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS).
- Understand AWS management tools, including Auto Scaling, Amazon CloudWatch, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), and AWS Trusted Advisor.
Module 1: AWS introduction and history
- AWS Global Infrastructure
Module 2: Compute, network and storage services
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Amazon Elastic Block Store (EBS)
Module 3: AWS Security, AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
Module 4: Databases (RDS, DynamoDB)
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Data storage considerations
Module 5: AWS elasticity and management tools
- Auto scaling
- Load balancing
- Cloud Watch
- Trusted Advisor
- Individuals responsible for articulating the technical benefits of AWS services
- Individuals interested in learning how to get started with using AWS
- SysOps Administrators, Solution Architects and Developers interested in using AWS services
We recommend that attendees of this course have:
- Working knowledge of distributed systems
- Familiarity with general networking concepts
- Working knowledge of multi-tier architectures
- Familiarity with cloud computing concepts