After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the functionality of Windows PowerShell and use it to run and find basic commands.
- Identify and run cmdlets for server administration.
- Work with Windows PowerShell pipeline.
- Describe the techniques Windows PowerShell pipeline uses.
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives to work with other forms of storage.
- Query system information by using WMI and CIM.
- Work with variables, arrays, and hash tables.
- Write basic scripts in Windows PowerShell.
- Write advanced scripts in Windows PowerShell.
- Administer remote computers.
- Use background jobs and scheduled jobs.
- Use advanced Windows PowerShell techniques.
This course is intended for IT Professionals who are already experienced in general Windows Server and Windows Client administration, and who want to learn more about using Windows PowerShell for administration. No prior experience with any version of Windows PowerShell, or any scripting language, is assumed. This course is also suitable for IT Professionals already experienced in server administration, including Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, SQL Server, System Center, and others.