After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 services.
- Administer Office 365 by using graphical user interface (GUI) and Windows PowerShell.
- Administer and troubleshoot directory synchronization and directory objects.
- Administer and troubleshoot Skype for Business.
- Administer and troubleshoot SharePoint Online.
- Administer and troubleshoot Office 365 ProPlus.
- Administer and troubleshoot compliance and security in Office 365.
Module 1: Office 365 services overview
This module describes Office 365 services, licensing, tenant, and clients.
- Overview of Office 365 services
- Office 365 licensing overview
- Office 365 tenant configuration
- Office 365 clients
Module 2: Office 365 administration, tools, and techniques
This module describes the tools used for Office 365 administration.
- Managing Office 365 with administrative portals
- Managing Office 365 with Windows PowerShell
- Managing administrative access in Office 365
- Troubleshooting administration in Office 365
Module 3: Administering and troubleshooting directory synchronization and directory objects
This module describes how to administer and troubleshoot directory synchronization with Azure AD Connect, and how to administer user and group objects in Office 365.
- Directory synchronization and federation overview
- Azure AD Connect management
- Managing users and groups objects in Office 365
- Troubleshooting objects and directory synchronization in Office 365
Module 4: Administering and troubleshooting Microsoft Exchange Online
This module describes how to administer and troubleshoot Exchange Online service in Office 365.
- Overview of Exchange Online management
- Administering Exchange Online recipients
- Administering client access policies in Exchange Online
- Troubleshooting Exchange Online
Module 5: Administering and troubleshooting Skype for Business
This module describes how to administer and troubleshoot Skype for Business service in Office 365.
- Skype for Business management overview
- Administering users and connectivity in Skype for Business
- Troubleshooting Skype for Business
Module 6: Administering and troubleshooting SharePoint Online
This module describes how to administer and troubleshoot SharePoint Online service in Office 365.
- SharePoint Online management overview
- Administering SharePoint Online site collections
- Administering external users in SharePoint Online
- Configuring OneDrive for Business
- Troubleshooting SharePoint Online
Module 7: Planning and deploying Office 365 ProPlus
This module describes how to plan and implement the deployment of Office 365 ProPlus.
- Overview of Office 365 ProPlus
- Managing user-driven Office 365 ProPlus deployments
- Troubleshooting Office 365 ProPlus deployments
Module 8: Administering and troubleshooting compliance and security in Office 365
This module describes how to administer and troubleshoot compliance and security features in Office 365.
- Overview of compliance features in Office 365
- Administering Azure Rights Management in Office 365
- Administering compliance features in Office 365
- Configuring and administering email security in Office 365
- Troubleshooting Office 365 compliance and protection
This course is intended for IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn about administration and troubleshooting techniques in Office 365. These professionals should have at least three years of experience working in their respective fields: ideally in the areas of system administration, network administration, and messaging.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or newer.
- A minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- A minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including DNS.
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 or newer, Microsoft Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business 2015 Server, and Microsoft SharePoint Server 2013 or newer is beneficial but not required.