PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a software development team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness. The course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases.
The Professional Scrum Master course has two associated assessments and certification: Professional Scrum Master level I (PSM I) and Professional Scrum Master level II (PSM II).
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course receive a password to take the PSM I assessment and are entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment.
These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment. Scrum.org maintains public lists of all PSM I certificate holders and PSM II certificate holders.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
The Professional Scrum Master course is targeted to Scrum Masters and anyone else responsible for the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required).
- Passed the Scrum Open assessment.
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a software product or application.
- Have read one of the Scrum books.