Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze a FortiGate's route table.
- Route packets using policy-based and static routes for multi-path and load balanced deployments.
- Configure SD-WAN to load balance traffic between multiple WAN links effectively.
- Inspect traffic transparently, forwarding as a Layer 2 device.
- Divide FortiGate into two or more virtual devices, each operating as an independent FortiGate, by configuring virtual domains (VDOMs).
- Establish an IPsec VPN tunnel between two FortiGate appliances.
- Compare policy-based to route-based IPsec VPN.
- Implement a meshed or partially redundant VPN.
- Diagnose failed IKE exchanges.
- Offer Fortinet Single Sign On (FSSO) access to network services, integrated with Microsoft Active Directory.
- Deploy FortiGate devices as an HA cluster for fault tolerance and high performance.
- Deploy implicit and explicit proxy with firewall policies, authentication, and caching.
- Diagnose and correct common problems.
Networking and security professionals involved in the design, implementation, and administration of a network infrastructure using FortiGate appliances.
- Knowledge of OSI layers
- Good knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of FortiGate, as presented in the course "FortiGate Security NSE 4"