- Code basic JCL statements using proper syntax and coding rules, including JCL for:
- Creating new data sets
- Referencing existing data sets
- Condition code testing
- IF/THEN/ELSE/ENDIF constructs
- Generation data groups
- Output routing
- JCL enhancements introduced by various releases of Multiple Virtual Storage (MVS), OS/390, and z/OS
- Identify Storage Management Subsystem requirements
- Code instream and cataloged procedures
- Use symbolic parameters in procedures
- Code procedure overrides and additions super
- Use selected utility programs
- Describe tape processing facilities
- Code sort and merge control statements and associated JCL statements
- Recognize and resolve common abnormal terminations (ABENDs)
English LVC are organised from 3pm to 11pm.
When you complete the Instructor-Led version of this course, you will be eligible to earn an IBM Training Badge that can be displayed on your website, business cards and social media channels to demonstrate your mastery of the skills you learned here.
Introduction to JCL
This basic course is intended for people who want to use z/OS JCL and utilities.
You should have:
- Basic knowledge of IS technologies.
You should be familiar with:
- z/OS concepts and how these systems supports the Enterprise Servers.
This knowledge can be obtained by attending course An Introduction to the z/OS Environment (ES05G).