Understand and perform financial duties in Dynamics 365 Finance
Module 1: Overview of Dynamics 365 Finance
This module will discuss the core components of Finance and look at the modules involved.
- Overview of Dynamics 365 Finance Features and capabilities
- Core components of Dynamics 365 Finance
- Overview of financial management modules in Dynamics 365 Finance
- Benefits of Dynamics 365 Finance
Module 2: Set up and configure financial management
In this module, we will discuss how to create a new legal entity (company) and setup and configure financial management for it. This module includes general ledger.
- Create and configure new legal entity
- Define and configure the chart of accounts
- Configure ledgers and currencies
- Implement and manage journals
- Implement and manage cash and bank
- Implement cost accounting and cost management
- Perform periodic processes
- Configure, collect, and report taxes
Module 3: Implement and manage shared configuration for A/P and A/R
Dynamics 365 Finance offers extensive functionality for setting up different payment options which are shared between accounts payable and receivable modules.
- Configure Terms of payment
- Configure payment days, and payment schedules
- Configure Cash discounts
- Configure Payment calendar
- Configure Payment fees
Module 4: Implement and manage accounts payable
This topic explains the basic setup of accounts payable and the vendor setup for efficient management of vendors and vendor transactions in Dynamics 365 Finance.
- Create and maintain Accounts payable method of payments
- Create and maintain Vendor groups and vendors
- Create and configure vendor posting profile
- Configure invoice validation policies
- Process orders, invoices, and payments
- Enable and test vendor collaboration portal for a vendor
- Configure accounts payable charges
- Configure and use Positive pay
Module 5: Implement and manage expense management
You can use the Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations apps expense management to create an integrated workflow where you can store payment method information, import credit card transactions, and track the money that employees spend when they incur expenses for your business. You can also define expense policies and automate the reimbursement of travel expenses. Expense report entry has been redesigned to simplify the experience and decrease the time that is required to complete expense reports. You can turn on this functionality in Feature management. You can add a new setup page to configure the visibility of expense fields, and specify what data is required, optional, or not available when expense reports are entered. When this functionality is turned on, a new expense workspace is available. This workspace replaces the previous expense workspace and is the landing page for the improved entry experience. Travel and expense management has a strong value proposition for organizations with discretionary spending. Travel and entertainment expenses are a significant part of a company's controllable expense. To help curb these costs, expense management provides a mechanism to define and apply expense policies, in addition to flagging and reporting on abusers of the policies. Additionally, automating the entry and reimbursement of travel and entertainment expenses reduces processing costs versus manual entry. Expense management has tight integration with other modules such as Accounts payable, General ledger, Procurement, and sourcing and Project management and accounting.
- Configure and use expense management
Module 6: Implement and manage accounts receivable and credit and collections
You need to configure the Accounts receivable module to be able to perform A/R functionality. You could then create customer invoices, post packing slips, use free text invoices that are not related to sales orders, and receive payments by using several different payment types such as cash, checks, credit cards, and electronic payments from your customers. Managing prospects and customers properly helps businesses to fulfil some of their requirements, such as customers’ satisfaction. At the same time, proper management avoids loss by checking many factors such as the credit limit and blocking the order being processed if it violates the policies of the company. Salespersons are the key for company’s revenue, and their commissions should be taken care of upon completion of the sales cycle.
- Configure Method of Payment
- Create and maintain Customer groups and customers
- Create and configure customer posting profile
- Process orders, invoices, and payments
- Configure Accounts receivable charges
- Manage credit and collections
- Configure revenue recognition
Module 7: Configure and manage budgeting
Every organization, whether it is private or public, sets financial and operational goals by creating budgets. When the budget is established, management monitors the activities within the budget framework.
- Configure and use basic budgeting
- Configure and use budget controls
- Create and configure registry entries
- Configure and use budget planning
Module 8: Configure and manage fixed assets
The way in which fixed assets are handled must correspond to both international accounting standards and the accounting legislation in each country/region. Requirements might include rules for recording acquisition and disposal transactions, depreciation, lifetimes, and write-ups and write-downs of fixed assets. The Fixed assets functionality incorporates many of these standards and rules.
- Configure Fixed assets components
- Manage Fixed assets
- Fixed asset acquisition, depreciation and disposal
- Fixed asset integration
A Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations Functional Consultant is responsible for performing discovery, capturing requirements, engaging subject matter experts and stakeholders, translating requirements, and configuring the solution and applications. The Functional Consultant implements a solution using out of the box capabilities, codeless extensibility, application and service integrations.
Basic accounting skills
Core competencies in Dynamics 365 Core