Discover what’s new in Windows Server 2022 including:
• Security Features in Windows Server 2022
• Windows Server 2022 and the Hybrid World
• Windows Server 2022 Networking Improvements
• Hyper-V Enhancements in Windows Server 2022
• Next-generation management with Windows Admin Center
• Analyzing resources and capacities with System insights
• Windows Server 2022 enhancements in Failover Clustering
• Enhancements in Containers, Kubernetes and Linus support
• Enhancements in Storage Migration Service
• New security Features
• And much more !
1) Overview of the changes: Windows Server 2022 vs. 2019
Microsoft built Windows Server 2022 around a few key changes. These include more options to work in a hybrid cloud, better support for Linux, more security through shielded virtual machines, innovations in the storage subsystem and the Windows Admin Center. In this chapter we will overview the minor and major changes revolving around these important items.
2) What’s new in Management
An important part of Windows Server 2022 is the Windows Admin Center, a graphical console for managing the server. This chapter will cover Windows Server 2022 Core Management with Windows Admin Center, System Insights, Windows Terminal, Windows Server 2022 Servicing Tools and much more.
3) What's new in Storage and High Availability
Windows Server 2022 includes several changes and upgrades in the storage area. The Updated Storage Migration Service simplifies the move of storage to the new version of the operating system, but also migration to the cloud. There are also improvements in Storage Space Direct, Cluster Scalability and Storage Replica.
4) What's new in Virtualization and Linux Integration
Windows Server 2022 makes it easier to integrate Linux with windows subsystem for Linux. This chapter will cover the new features of Containers, Hyper-V, WSL and Kubernetes support..
5) What's new in Networking, Cloud and Security
With Windows Server 2022, Microsoft is taking another step towards cloud technology. In this chapter we will cover Security Features in Windows Server 2022, like Hardware root-of-trust, Virtualization-based security and Improvements in Secure connectivity. We will also cover Azure Hybrid Capabilities and Networking Improvements
to be announced
to be announced