After you successfully complete this course, expect to be able to:
- Set up ClearPass as a AAA server
- Configure authentication sources including integrating with Microsoft Active Directory
- Build effective access enforcement policies
- Understand and troubleshoot 802.1X access services
- Configure custom informational webpages
- Configure a personalized guest access solution including, simple web logins as well as self-service guest access.
- Understand how to configure a simple wired access solution using ClearPass.
Intro to ClearPass
- Basic Concepts of Network Access Control
- ClearPass Use Cases
Authentication, Authorization, Accounting
- Authentication Basics
- Multi-Level Client Authorization
- Radius Accounting
- Configuration of Authentication Sources Including LADP and Active Directory
- Configuring Network Access Devices
- Configuring Email Messaging Servers
- Aruba Security Exchange Integration
- Integration with Enterprise Mobile Managers
Device Type Identification
Roles and Enforcement.
- Introduction to Services
- Implementation of Enforcement Logic.
- ClearPass Role Assignment
- Service Selection Logic.
- Implementation of Effective Services in ClearPass
- Wired Access Control
- Enforcement on Wired Networks.
- Endpoint Profiling on Wired Networks
Configuring Web Services
- Custom Web Content
- ClearPass Skins Web Templates
- Custom Informational Webpages
Introduction to Guest
- Guest Access with Captive Portal.
- Web-Based Authentication
- Guest Access with MAC Caching.
- Guest Account Management
Guest Access with Self Registration.
- The Self-Service Guest Access Experience.
- Configuring a Self-Registration Portal.
- Configuring Self-Registration with Internal Sponsorship
Ideal candidates include network administrators who are looking to build their foundational knowledge of the ClearPass product portfolio. This course would be beneficial for customers who are seeking greater knowledge of the ClearPass product that they have purchased. We recommend that students have at least an understanding of basic access layer networking, the function of ACL’s and firewall rules.