After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Office 365 administration tools and licensssing options.
- Deploy and configure directory synchronization in an Office 365 deployment.
- Plan hybrid configuration with Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Perform an Exchange Server hybrid configuration deployment.
- Describe and deploy Skype for Business and Teams in a hybrid deployment.
- Deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for Business in a hybrid environment.
- Describe and deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment.
Module 1: Introduction to Office 365 administration and licensingThis module describes Office 365, its administration tools, and licensing options.
- Overview of Office 365
- Office 365 administration and role delegation
- Office 365 tenant configuration
- Hybrid deployment overview
Module 2: Deploying and configuring directory synchronization
This module explains how to describe and configure directory synchronization in an Office 365 deployment.
- Directory synchronization and authentication overview
- Azure AD Connect deployment and configuration
- Manage user and group objects in an Office 365 hybrid environment
Module 3: Exchange Server hybrid deployment planning
This module explains how to plan hybrid configuration with Exchange Server and Exchange Online.
- Exchange Online overview
- Exchange Server hybrid configuration options and deployment features
- Exchange Server services in the hybrid deployment
Module 4: Exchange Server hybrid deployment
This module explains how to perform Exchange server hybrid configuration deployment.
- Use the Hybrid Configuration Wizard
- Managing and configuring the Exchange hybrid deployment
- Implement advanced functionality for hybrid deployments
- Configure message compliance and hygiene in a hybrid environment
Module 5: Skype for Business and Teams in Office 365 hybrid deployment
This module explains how to deploy Skype for Business and Teams in a hybrid deployment.
- Overview of Microsoft Teams
- Planning and preparing for the hybrid Skype for Business deployment
- Using the Skype for Business hybrid configuration with Phone system
- Configure the Skype for Business hybrid environment
Module 6: SharePoint and OneDrive for Business hybrid deployment
This module explains how to deploy SharePoint and OneDrive for business in hybrid environment.
- Overview of SharePoint Online
- Plan for a SharePoint hybrid deployment
- Deploy the SharePoint hybrid configuration
- Configure SharePoint services in a hybrid configuration
Module 7: Deploying additional Office 365 services in a hybrid deployment
This module explains how to deploy Azure MFA, Identity Protection and Azure Information Protection.
- Implement Multi-Factor Authentication in a hybrid scenario
- Implement Azure Information Protection
- Implement Identity Protection and Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
Module 8: Authentication options in hybrid deployments
This module explains how to deploy various authentication methods in a hybrid Office 365 deployment.
- Deploy AD FS for SSO in an Office 365 hybrid environment
- Deploy pass-through authentication for SSO in Office 365
- Plan authentication options in Office 365
The audience for this course includes IT professionals and system administrators who want to learn how to implement and maintain Office 365 in hybrid scenarios, where one part of collaboration infrastructure is located on-premises and integrated with Office 365 services. These professionals should have at least 3 years of experience working in their respective field's specifically, previous knowledge about Exchange Server, SharePoint Server, and Skype for Business Server (for example, Lync server) is expected. Students who attend this course are also expected to have a fairly broad understanding of Office 365 services administration in general, as well as several on-premises technologies such as DNS and AD DS.
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or later.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services.
- Minimum of one year of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS).
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
- Experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or later, Lync 2013 Server or Skype for Business Server2015, and SharePoint Server 2013 or later.
- Experience working with Office 365 key services such as Exchange Online, Skype for Business and SharePoint Online.
An understanding of the following concepts as related to Office 365:
- Microsoft cloud services
- Office 365 platform