Foundation Level professionals should be able to:
• Understand testing concepts, the fundamental test process, test approaches, and principles to support test objectives
• Design and prioritize tests by using established techniques
• Analyze both functional and non-functional specifications (such as performance and usability)
• Execute tests according to agreed test plans, and analyze and report on the results of tests
• Write clear and understandable incident reports
• Effectively participate in reviews of small to medium-sized projects
• Be familiar with different types of testing tools and their uses
• Use a common language for efficient and effective communication with other testers and project stakeholders
ISTQB® Foundation Level is relevant across software delivery practices including Waterfall, Agile, DevOps and Continuous Delivery.
This course prepares for the "Certified Tester - Foundation Level" exam - 245€ excl VAT/delegate.
The course is given in half days !
Fundamentals of Testing
• Testing terminology
• General testing principles
• Why testing is necessary
• Fundamental test process
• The psychology of testing.
Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
• Models for testing
• Component, System Integration and Acceptance testing
• Maintenance testing
• Non-functional system testing
• Functional system testing.
• Reviews and the test process
• Costs and benefits of reviews
• Types of review: Walkthrough, technical review, inspections, informal review
• Static analysis
Test Design Techniques
• Black and White box testing
• Black box test techniques including equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis and state transition testing
• White box test techniques including statement and decision testing
• Experience-based techniques
• Choosing test techniques
• Project test plan
• Configuration management
• Test estimation: Inclusion in project schedule
• Monitoring and control
• Tracking progress and deviations from plan
• Incident management: Logging, tracking and analysis
• Risk and testing
• Types of test tool
• Requirements testing
• Static analysis
• Test design
• Data preparation
• Test running
• Test harnesses, drivers and simulators
• Performance testing
• Dynamic analysis
• Test management
• Coverage measurement
• Effective use, benefits and risk
• Introducing a tool into an organization
The 2018 Foundation Level qualification is suitable for anyone who needs to demonstrate practical knowledge of the fundamental concepts of software testing including people in roles such as testers, test analysts, test engineers, test consultants, test managers, user acceptance testers and software developers.
It is also appropriate for individuals who need a basic understanding of software testing including project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts, IT directors and management consultants.
Participants should have a basic working knowledge of IT and an understanding of the testing role in software development. It is suggested that individuals seeking a career in testing have at least six months' practical experience in a testing role before taking the Foundation Level.