- Secure identities with Azure Active Directory and users and groups.
- Implement identity solutions spanning on-premises and cloud-based capabilities
- Apply monitoring solutions for collecting, combining, and analyzing data from different sources.
- Manage subscriptions, accounts, Azure policies, and Role-Based Access Control.
- Administer Azure using the Resource Manager, Azure portal, Cloud Shell, and CLI.
- Configure intersite connectivity solutions like VNet Peering, and virtual network gateways.
- Administer Azure App Service, Azure Container Instances, and Kubernetes.
Module 1: Implement Virtual NetworkingIn this module, you will learn about basic virtual networking concepts like virtual networks and subnetting, IP addressing, network security groups, Azure Firewall, and Azure DNS.
- Overview of Azure Active Directory
- Users and Groups
- Domains and Custom Domains
- Azure AD Identity Protection
- Implement Conditional Access
- Configure Fraud Alerts for MFA
- Implement Bypass Options
- Configure Guest Users in Azure AD
- Configure Trusted IPs
- Manage Multiple Directories
Module 2: Implement VMs for Windows and Linux
In this module, you will learn about Azure virtual machines including planning, creating, availability and extensions.
- Install and Configure Azure AD Connect
- Configure Password Sync and Password Writeback
- Configure Azure AD Connect Health
Module 3: Automate Deployment and Configuration of Resources
In this module, you will learn about the tools an Azure Administrator uses to manage their infrastructure. This includes the Azure Portal, Cloud Shell, Azure PowerShell, CLI, and Resource Manager Templates.
- Virtual Network Peering
- Implement VNet Peering
Module 4: Implement Load Balancing and Network Security
In this module, you will learn about network traffic strategies including network routing and service endpoints, Azure Load Balancer, Azure Application Gateway, and Traffic Manager.
- Select Virtual Machine Size
- Configure High Availability
- Implement Azure Dedicated Hosts
- Deploy and Configure Scale Sets
- Configure Azure Disk Encryption
Module 5: Implement Storage Accounts
In this module, you will learn about basic storage features including storage accounts, blob storage, Azure files and File Sync, storage security, and storage tools.
- Implement Azure Load Balancer
- Implement an Application Gateway
- Understand Web Application Firewall
- Implement Azure Firewall
- Implement Azure Front Door
- Implementing Azure Traffic Manager
- Implement Network Security Groups and Application Security Groups
- Implement Azure Bastion
Module 6: Implement Azure Active Directory
In this module, you will learn how to secure identities with Azure Active Directory, and implement users and groups.
- Storage Accounts
- Blob Storage
- Storage Security
- Managing Storage
- Accessing Blobs and Queues using AAD
Module 7: Implement and Manage Azure Governance
In this module, you will learn about managing your subscriptions and accounts, implementing Azure policies, and using Role-Based Access Control.
- Configure Storage Account Tables
- Select Appropriate CosmosDB APIs
Module 8: Implement and Manage Hybrid Identities
In this module, you will learn how to install and configure Azure AD Connect and implement Azure AD Connect Health.
- Configure Azure SQL Database Settings
- Implement Azure SQL Database Managed Instances
- High-Availability and Azure SQL Database
- In this module, you will learn how to
- Create an Azure SQL Database (single database)
- Create an Azure SQL Database Managed Instance
- Recommend high-availability architectural models used in Azure SQL Database
Module 9: Manage Workloads in Azure
In this module, you will learn how to migrate workloads using Azure Migrate, perform VMware agent-based and agent-less migrations, and perform Azure Backup and Azure Site Recovery.
- Azure Resource Manager Templates
- Save a Template for a VM
- Evaluate Location of New Resources
- Configure a Virtual Hard Disk Template
- Deploy from a template
- Create and Execute an Automation Runbook
Module 10: Implement Cloud Infrastructure Monitoring
In this module, you will learn about Azure Monitor, Azure Workbooks, Azure Alerts, Network Watcher, Azure Service Health, Azure Application Insights.
- Create Management Groups, Subscriptions, and Resource Groups
- Overview of Role-Based Access Control (RBAC)
- Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) Roles
- Azure AD Access Reviews
- Implement and Configure an Azure Policy
- Azure Blueprints
Module 11: Manage Security for Applications
In this module, you will learn about Azure Key Vault and implementing authentication using Azure Managed Identities.
- Azure Key Vault
- Azure Managed Identity
Module 12: Implement an Application Infrastructure
In this module, you will learn how to create an App Service web App for Containers, create and configure an App Service Plan, and create and manage Deployment Slots.
- Migrate Workloads using Azure Migrate
- VMware - Agentless Migration
- VMware - Agent-Based Migration
- Implement Azure Backup
- Azure to Azure Site Recovery
- Implement Azure Update Management
Module 13: Implement Container-Based Applications
In this module, you will learn how to run Azure Container instances and how to deploy Kubernetes with AKS.
- Azure Container Instances
- Configure Azure Kubernetes Service
Module 14: Implement NoSQL Databases
In this module, you will learn about Azure Table Storage and recommend options for CosmsoDB APIs.
- Create and Configure Azure App Service
- Create an App Service Web App for Containers
- Create and Configure an App Service Plan
- Configure Networking for an App Service
- Create and Manage Deployment Slots
- Implement Logic Apps
- Implement Azure Functions
Module 15: Implement Azure SQL Databases
In this module, you will create an Azure SQL Database single database, create an Azure SQL Database Managed Instance, and review high-availability and Azure SQL database.
- Azure Infrastructure Security Monitoring
- Azure Monitor
- Azure Workbooks
- Azure Alerts
- Log Analytics
- Network Watcher
- Azure Service Health
- Monitor Azure Costs
- Azure Application Insights
- Unified Monitoring in Azure
This course is for IT Professionals with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on Microsoft Azure. They should have broad knowledge of IT operations, including networking, virtualization, identity, security, business continuity, disaster recovery, data platform, budgeting, and governance. Azure Solution Architects use the Azure Portal and as they become more adept they use the Command Line Interface. Candidates must have expert-level skills in Azure administration and have experience with Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
Successful Azure Solution Architects start this role with experience on operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking.
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies, including VMs and virtual networking
- Understanding of network configuration, including TCP/IP, Domain Name System (DNS), virtual private networks (VPNs), firewalls, and encryption technologies
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts, including domains, forests, and domain controllers