- Apply SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/PM roles
- Collaborate with Lean Portfolio Management
- Explore continuous value with Program Increment Planning
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Create a role action plan
- Applying SAFe in the Lean enterprise
- Relating a Lean-Agile Mindset to the Product Owner and Product Manager roles
- Collaborating with Lean Portfolio Management
- Continuously explore customer needs
- Executing the Program Increment
- Defining the Product Owner/Product Manager roles and responsibilities
- Creating a Product Owner/Product Manager action plan
This course is given in 4 half days!
The class registration includes:
- Printed attendee workbook
- Preparation and eligibility to take the SAFe® 4 Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) exam
- One-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform
- Course certificate of completion
- Attendees must attend both days of the course in order to qualify for the exam.
Attendees who pass the certification exam will receive:
- SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certificate
- A SAFe 4 Product Owner/Product Manager digital badge to promote your accomplishment online
- A one-year certified membership as a SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager, which includes access to the POPM Community of Practice
- A SAFe Product Owner/Product Manager certification usage guide with POPM certification marks
- Access to a variety of learning resources to support certified professionals during their SAFe journey
- Certificates expire one year from the date the certification is earned.
- Renewal fee is $100
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDU’s with the Program Management Institute for PMP, PgMP and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEU’s under category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP though Scrum Alliance.
- New Product Managers, Product Line Managers, Product Owners who need to perform the role
- Existing roles who would like to understand their role in the context of a SAFe enterprise
- Business Owners, and Business Analysts
- Solution Managers, Portfolio Managers, Program Managers, PMO personnel, and Process Leads
- Enterprise, Solution, and System Architects
Everyone is free to take the course, however following prerequisites are recommended for those that want to take the SAFe Product Owner Certification exam:
- Basic knowledge of Agile concepts
- Awareness of Scrum and Kanban
- Working knowledge of (software or hardware) development processes